HIST Engineering College Library was established along with HIST- Engineering College.
Welcome to HIST- Engineering College Library services. Information plays a vital role for the development of nation. An information source is value less until a right person properly utilizes it, at right time for the right purpose. Information is scattered all over the world in different format. We provide resources in various formats, from traditional print-based items to web-based resources (Books, Journals, Periodicals, Dissertations, Reports etc.) in support of HIST-Engineering College teaching, learning and research activities.
To fulfill the need of our users; we are providing online resources such as Research4life (HINARI, AGORA, OARE, ARDI and GOALI), Nepal Journal Online (NepJOL), Asian Journal Online (AsiaJOL), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB), Directory of Open Access Resources (OpenDOAR), Global ETD (Electronic Theses and Dissertations) Search, WorldWideScience, United Nations Digital Repository in Nepal, Tribhuvan University Central Library Institutional Repository. Being a member of NeLIC, we are providing more online resources.
Lal Bahadur Chouhan
HIST Engineering College Library was established along with HIST- Engineering College. It has a resourceful library blended successfully with various ultra-modern facilities such as e-library, online resource facilities with high speed Wi-Fi connection. The library gives services to students and teachers with hard copy books ranging from classroom volumes to recent publications.
Online Journals, Books, Research Reports, Dissertations are available in the e-library, which is established in the 2nd floor of the main lobby with Computer Lab with ten branded computers.
As an important component of academic administration, attempts are made to develop the library at HIST- Engineering College with most efficient and effective management, resources and services. The management of the library is using MIDAS Library Automation Software. According to our database, more than 13,000 book volumes are listed.
DDC Classification System are used for library classification. Users can search book by author, title, subject and key words. The library has started orientation program to make familiar with the library resources, help to find library materials and maximum utilization of library and visit their own subject related E-Journals, E-books and Databases etc.
The library is led by professional librarian, and organized with 3 staff. It is open from 6:30am to 1:30pm for morning shift and 5:00pm to 8:30pm for evening shift.
With a supreme intention of enhancing the quality of education HIST-Engineering College, a well-managed E-Library along with appropriate networking and functions has been brought in execution for a couple of years. We are the member of NeLIC to provide online resources for our readers. The following resources are available through NeLIC.
- Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering <https://cdnsciencepub.com/loi/cjce>
- Oxford journals collection <oxfordjournals.org>
- Annual Reviews <https://www.annualreviews.org/>
- The University of Chicago Press Journals <https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/>
- Cambridge Journals Online <https://www.cambridge.org/core>
- Royal Society Journals Collection <http://royalsocietypublishing.org/journals>
- Open Edition <https://www.openedition.org/>
- Mathematical Sciences Publishers <https://msp.org/publications/journals/>
- IWA Publishing Journals<https://www.iwapublishing.com/journals>
- Book share <https://www.bookshare.org/cms/>
- European Respiratory Society <https://www.ersnet.org/>
List of Useful online resources:
- Research4life (HINARI, AGORA, OARE, ARDI and GOALI) / (Access Provided by HIST-Engineering College Library) https://www.research4life.org
- Nepal Journal Online (NepJOL) www.nepjol.info
- Asian Journal Online (AsiaJOL) www.asiajol.info
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) doaj.org
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) doabooks.org
- Digital Himalaya http://www.digitalhimalaya.com/
- World Digital Library wdl.org
- Directory of Open Access Resources (OpenDOAR)
- Global ETD Search http://search.ndltd.org/
- United Nations Digital Repository in Nepal un.info.np
- Tribhuvan University Central Library Institutional Repository (ETD)
- Himalayan Journals Online http://himalayajournal.org/
- E-Pustakalaya Nepal http://pustakalaya.org/
Recently, the library has subscribed ProQuest Database from Tribhuvan University Central Library with Remote Access by using email address and password.